Blog Post #2

    I started using MS Word in my junior year of high school. It was difficult to navigate at first because ever since sixth grade I had been using google docs. However, I now prefer using MS Word because of its editor suggestions for grammar and spelling along with how easy it us to submit MS Word documents to canvas assignments. Both of these features are not available on google docs so when I first started using MS Word I felt as if I could not switch back.
    The standard that is most meaningful to me is 2.3.a which is to create positive experiences. This standard speaks about students being socially responsible online, building on empathetic behavior, and building relationships with others. This standard is especially important because cyberbullying has been an issue ever since newer technologies have gained popularity. It is important for students to learn that their words still have a significant effect on others, even over the internet. As someone who has been targeted by cyberbullying, it is important to educate the younger generation on how to use technology in a way that can bring about positive experiences.
    I agree that most youth today consists of digital natives since we were born after some of the main technologies were introduced. I have noticed that my past teachers (digital immigrants) sometimes asked for help from students when they were confused about something on their computers. This is a difference that most people would not expect because educators are usually educating students and not the other way around. I do not anticipate any difference between me and my students in the future regarding how we use technology. I think that we would be using the same technologies as we use now but just updated versions of computers, phones, etc. Both me and my future students would be digital natives so I do not believe that we would encounter any issues.

Comments

  1. Karina, you definitely have a good digital competence! I appreciate your confidence towards the use of technologies in the future. Do you think the recently popular Generative Artificial Intelligence (GAI), the salient one ChatGPT, will change the previous technologies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karina! I enjoyed reading about your perspective on standard 2.3a. I think it's so important to cultivate positive interactions in the classroom, especially with cyberbullying due to an increased use of technology inside of the classroom. Those skills will hopefully translate to your students outside of the classroom as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #5