Blog Post #1

    Hi! I am Karina Diaz and I am a freshman majoring in elementary education. I moved to Tampa from Queens, New York before starting my junior year in high school (yes, I miss the snow and the cold sometimes too). I recently got a job at Starbucks in the Student Union which I have been excited about. My current hobbies right now are watching Netflix and reading.
    My first memory of using technology in the classroom is in fourth grade when we would play reading and math games online although some of us would play cool math games instead. In sixth grade, technology became a bigger part of my educational experience when we received our school emails and used these to submit assignments online. This branched off into writing essays online and learning how to collect data from online articles. The shift to using technology in an educational setting never seemed huge to me because technology has been apart of almost my whole life. It was an additional tool that helped me to complete my assignments.
    There are a lot of resources I use to stay up-to-date on information regarding my classes. GroupMe is apart of my personal learning network because it is used for my math class and it is a way for me to ask questions about anything I am confused on while also getting a quick response. In the past, I have also used Snapchat group chats, Instagram, and more to collaborate on projects and offer study tips. When I am really stuck and confused, I will often use crash course or other YouTube videos to facilitate my learning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #5